History

In 1955, Andy came to the UK and worked in Bayswater at Westbourne Grove. He then worked at Pinewood studios for two years with such people as Dirk Bogart (a personal friend), Cliff Richard, John Robinson, Michael Holiday and many stage and screen actors. He also worked in the West End, in Old Crompton Street.

This is a brief history of “Andys & Co” from that day until the present ….

When Andy came to Cheltenham he bought with him the new concept of blow drying hair from the West End of London. Back in the 60’s the Odeon had live artists and many of them visited the salon allowing Andy to renew some old acquaintances, including Brian Jones from the Rolling Stones.
In 1966 Andy’s Salon first opened in 6 Clarence Parade, where he had “half shares” of a shop with a clock maker.
In 1969 he moved to 24 Clarence Street, now The Echo office, but back then it was the Provencial Building Society. Later that year Andy moved into ladies hairdressing and split the shop into two – ladies at the front and gents at the rear.
The Gents become so popular that Andy needed larger premises and so in 1973 he closed down the ladies and enlarged the salon to be “all gents”.
In 1981 Andy bought the salon in Bath Road.

Andy Senior handed the business over to Andy Junior in 1986 and over the following years Andys and Co saw quite a few refurbishments to keep it modern and in line with current styles.